Thursday 1 January 2015

A New Year and an Old Resolution!


Right after I woke up in the morning, I realised that last night was a mistake! Like every year I decided to welcome the New Year with some old buddies; drinking like a fish and eating like a teenager. But this morning, the throbbing headache and the protruding belly made me realise that I’m now too old for both. That brought me back to my old resolution; Eat Health and Lose Weight.


The truth is, I am not a fan of weight loss exercises or crash diets that work. The other day I was reading an article on ‘Top Rated Diet Pills for Women’. And believe me, if you google the side effects of some of those pills, that will actually scare the hell out of you. So I decided to take the hard way to lose the excess belly fat. 


Here are some things I would do this year to stay healthy and fit:

·         A balance diet: This would essentially mean that I will have to get up early and pack my lunch before I leave for work.

·         Stay focused: Too many calories but too delicious to resist? Focus is the key to remain faithful to the resolution. 

·         Start slow: Vigorous exercise on day 1 will cause delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and will definitely kill the rigour.

·         Lifestyle changes: Using the stairs instead of the elevator will be hard on the first day. However, once it becomes a habit, it becomes much easier.

·         No indulgence: Living like a monk from Monday to Saturday. Sunday can be the day to treat. One heavy meal every week will help to keep the motivation high.

·         Drink like a fish: At least 4 liters of water is known to increase metabolism. Plenty of water in the form of green tea, plain water and lemon water (no added sugar) should do the trick.

·         Cinnamon and Avocado: While cinnamon is known to reduce LDL cholesterol levels it also increases metabolism. Avocado, on the other hand, is a rich source of vitamin E, potassium, and anti-oxidants.                            

   
All changes seem difficult in the beginning, but once in the routine, it becomes a lifestyle. We can’t control our genetics but we sure can control what we eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment