Saturday 27 December 2014

Day Dreamer


I am a daydreamer. I look out from my office window on a foggy winter morning and see Rakesh, the tea vendor busy serving his customers. The sudden drop in temperature seemed to benefit his little business. Everyone seemed to be craving for a cigarette and a hot cup of tea.

Rakesh is now serving Roger, a sales executive, who works in the same office building with me and a handyman is waiting for his turn to be attended. Roger is looking frustrated; his team is yet to meet their year-end sales target. His supervisor is not very happy about it. He was running late to work this morning, had to skip breakfast. Holding a steaming bowl of Maggi, Roger is wondering how the chaiwallah manages this busy stall so effortlessly all by himself.

Rakesh, the chirpy guy in his late teens is friends with everyone who visits his stall. He never went to school. We even wonder how he learnt counting! He made special tea with his secret ingredient for his customers. The other day he told us he made more money than us. And guess what? We did believe him.


I feel a tap on my shoulder and I am drawn back to reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment